Anna danced the day away last Saturday. She took the stage with her classmates and performed "Lights, Camera, Action" from the Wiggles and a circle dance to the theme song of Angelina Ballerina. While the audience went "awe," we mothers were trying to make sure the children: (1) stayed dressed; (2) went on stage; (3) held hands; (4) concentrated on dancing. It was a feat, but well worth the effort. I can't describe what it's like being backstage with 35 4-year olds surrounded by 350 other dancers taking part in a 3 hour dance recital. Anna was all eyes, taking in the costumes and sets and dazzling "big girls." I hope that I can help her learn skills, like sewing, that will enable her to design and produce her own recitals. In the meantime, I'm pretty proud of mastering the ballerina bun.
Friday, December 11, 2009
Dancing Darlings
Anna danced the day away last Saturday. She took the stage with her classmates and performed "Lights, Camera, Action" from the Wiggles and a circle dance to the theme song of Angelina Ballerina. While the audience went "awe," we mothers were trying to make sure the children: (1) stayed dressed; (2) went on stage; (3) held hands; (4) concentrated on dancing. It was a feat, but well worth the effort. I can't describe what it's like being backstage with 35 4-year olds surrounded by 350 other dancers taking part in a 3 hour dance recital. Anna was all eyes, taking in the costumes and sets and dazzling "big girls." I hope that I can help her learn skills, like sewing, that will enable her to design and produce her own recitals. In the meantime, I'm pretty proud of mastering the ballerina bun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awe. I'm glad the recital was a success.
ReplyDeleteMelinda