Wow, another sunny weekend in Christchurch and another new beach adventure. Last weekend, we traveled to Pigeon Bay on Banks Peninsula. Located 77km from Christchurch, Pigeon Bay feels lost in another decade. The houses are still proper Kiwi baches, tourists don't venture down the steep winding road, and the people are local and down to earth. On a windy day, too, the bay has a nice sheltered swimming area with dolphins, a pier and a giant rope swing. Anna loved sailing out over the water!
While Anna is nowhere near as adventurous as me, she has plenty of spunk. The trait she has that I treasure the most is her ability to make good observations. To me, being observant is more important than knowing how to read at age 3, winning prizes at school, excelling at athletics, etc. Anna notices things in nature, how people are feeling, beautiful pieces of beach glass, how to construct an outfit out of fabric scraps, the list goes on. I feel like no matter what she chooses to do, if she takes the time to make good observations, she will find success.
Speaking of observations, I also observed some good looking bikes at Pigeon Bay. What a treat to bike along as a family enjoying the sunshine!



I agree that's such a wonderful quality. If she can observe, then maybe she'll know HOW to think, rather than WHAT to think. ;)
ReplyDelete