Monday, July 19, 2010

First Day of School


In New Zealand, children start school on their 5th birthday. While school is super exciting, I think the privilege of wearing a uniform like the big kids is the biggest draw. Anna could not wait to model her school duds for the camera.

Anna's school is a very short walk from our house; even so, the foggy winter morning froze us solid by the time we arrived. I loved her new teacher, and the classroom was vibrant with letters, pictures, a winter learning tree, colourful murals. With only 12 children in the class, too, Anna had heaps of individual attention. All the girls were so happy to show her where to put her things and she even got invited on a play date her first day! Here's hoping the NZ education system does a great job with our little girl.

In closing, I would like to acknowledge the awesome job James did with Anna when I was away. I don't really care how messy the house was. Anna is so happy and has such a great relationship with James that things are even better than before I left. In fact, Anna seems to be smarter and healthier too. That's so awesome. Thanks James for being a great father and house-Dad. You rock.

3 comments:

  1. Way to juggle it all, James! Thanks for letting us borrow Anna's Mum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't juggle Anna - she wriggles too much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna is so cute in her school clothes! I love it!

    ReplyDelete